Saturday, February 22, 2020, 8pm
St. Anthony of Padua Cathedral
Come hear the glorious sound of the French horn echo throughout the beautiful and resonant St. Anthony’s in this one-of-a-kind performance. Classic overtures from Rossini and Weber are set alongside an exciting four-horn concerto by Heinrich Hubler and A Canadian Voyage, a stirring work for solo horn and orchestra performed by music director Joshua Wood. Maestro Jacques Marchand of the Orchestre Symphoniqie Régionale Abitibi-Témiscamingue guest conducts.
- G. Rossini La Rendez-vous de la Chasse
- C. M. von Weber Overture to Der Freischutz
- J. Christmas A Canadian Voyage
- G. Rossini Overture to Semiramide
- H. Hubler Konzertstuck for Four Horns and Orchestra